How to add Cameras to Internet Explorer Browser
Internet Explorer is the only supported internet browser to view the generator camera feed in the Aurora Platform for the platform versions 5.13 and older. Microsoft has started to end of life IE. We recommend upgrading to our Aurora Platform 6.0 or newer that supports viewing the generator camera feed with Chrome as your internet browser.
The IE settings need to be updated and the ActiveX Control is required to be installed onto the computer. If you are not the administrator of your computer then you will need assistance from your IT Dept.
- Follow the steps in this Microsoft help article, Use ActiveX controls for Intenet Explorer 11. This will set up your internet explorer to allow apps and websites to install and view video content.
- Follow the steps in this Microsoft help article, Change security and privacy settings for Internet Explorer 11 in the Security Zones section. This will add the camera website to your trusted sites. Blue Pillar can assist in providing the camera website (IP) address.
- To avoid compatibility issues with the view follow the steps in this Microsoft help article, Fix site display issues with Compatibility View in Internet Explorer 11. Blue Pillar can assist in providing the camera website (IP) address.
- Restart IE so that the settings take effect on the computer.
How to prompt the ActiveX Control component installer
- Navigate to the EPMS screen by selecting the Operations menu item and clicking on the EMPS option.
- Select a system row to expand the view.
- In the event details, click on the Select a camera field.
- Select a camera.
- The internet browser will display an install request message.
- Proceed by clicking on the install button or hyperlink that is provided to execute the installation.
- Once the installer is downloaded then proceed by running the installer file following the wizards prompts.
Note: If you have antivirus or firewall programs running, make sure they are not blocking ActiveX controls from being downloaded or running.
How to view generators remotely
Generator Monitoring via Camera For Aurora Platform Users with versions, 5.13 and older the embedded frame for the web camera in the EPMS screen and the Generator details has been replaced with a link to the camera's factory website in the ...
Aurora On-prem Release Notes v6.1
Aurora On-Prem Web Browser Since the retirement of IE 11 our new supported web browser is Google Chrome. Generator Monitoring via Camera The embedded frame for the web camera in the EPMS screen and the Generator details has been replaced with ...
Internet Browser & Operating System Requirements
Web Browser Upon accessing the application, it will check the internet browser being used and will display a warning message if the browser used is unsupported. The official supported web browser for Aurora On-prem is Internet Explorer 10 and newer ...
Aurora On-prem Release Notes v5.12
Aurora On-prem Supported Web Browser Notification Upon accessing the Aurora Platform the application will check the internet browser being used and will display a warning message if the browser used is unsupported. The official supported web browser ...
Aurora On-prem Multi Site Live View
Live Views The Aurora Live View screen displays a map with site pins at each of your locations. The site pins are color-coded to provide an indicator of the site status. Site pin color status: Green - the site is at a ready state for engine ...