If you are unable to view your equipment through your Blue Pillar cameras on Aurora Platform it maybe because the Camera IP Address needs to be added to your Internet Browser Trusted Sites list.
Note: If the Internet Options are locked down by security you will need to get assistance from your local IT department.
Follow the steps to add the Camera IP Address to your Goggle Chrome Browser.
- Contact your local IT or Blue Pillar Customer Service to provide you with the Camera IP Address.
- Navigate to your Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon in the upper right hand corner of the Address bar.
- Click on Settings, scroll to the bottom and click the Show Advanced Settings link.
- Click on Change proxy settings under Network and Google Chrome displays the Internet Properties screen.
- Click the Security tab and Google Chrome displays the Security Settings screen.
- Click on Trusted Sites icon and Google Chrome displays the Trusted Sites settings.
- Click on Sites and Google Chrome displays the Trusted Sites Zone Security Settings screen.
- Remove the check on the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.
- In the Add this Website to the zone: field enter the Camera's IP Address using http:// prefix.
- Click on Add and Google Chrome adds the address to the Website list.
- Click Close > OK.
- Navigate to Aurora Platform and logon.
- Navigate to the EPMS to view the camera.
- Upon selecting your camera an Active X Control message may appear at the bottom of your screen, continue with selecting the install option, this is required for the camera live video.